NY STORY EXPO & CORONAVIRUS UPDATE (3/3/20):
Due to concerns over the Coronavirus, Story Expo NY has been pushed back to June 6-7, 2020. This decision was made after consulting organizers from other large conferences in NY that are being postponed, discussing it with our speakers, as well as polling our own attendees (of whom over 80% asked to push it back). Everyone registered has been contacted via email. The safety and well being of our attendees, speakers and guests is always our priority, and we look forward to the Expo in June. The venue (Marriott Marquis) will remain unchanged, as will most of the program. Please click the Contact Us button above if you have any questions.
For more information on conferences and events being postponed or canceled: Click Here
Also of interest: SXSW Canceled
Thank you to all of our registrants who overwhelmingly supported the decision to push Story Expo NY to June 6-7, 2020. We were ahead of the curve from everyone else, and are glad we put people's health, safety and well being above all. We are continuing our plans for a great June expo, but, of course, will be monitoring the news and reports for any changes. Updates will be made here. In the meantime, we've talked to several other organizers and local public health organizations who felt things will start subsiding dramatically in April. If you have any questions, please use the Contact form on the Contact Us page. We look forward to hopefully seeing everyone in June.
Today Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infection Diseases, said he anticipates the need to "socially distance" ourselves to last "several more weeks." By mid-April we should see things start to get back to normal, giving us, thankfully, almost 2 months before Story Expo in NY. We are working hard on adding some new great things to the NY event, including new classes, speakers and pitching. Most of our speakers originally scheduled for March were able to confirm for the new June dates, and we look forward to an amazing expo in June! As always, though, we will keep monitoring the news and reports for the latest information. Everyone's health and safety is our first priority.
Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts and emails as we all go through this craziness together. Our priority is always the safety and well being of our attendees, and as we monitor the news on a daily basis, we've also been speaking to a lot of health professionals and event organizers to gauge where things are in the city. The general consensus is New York City will not be ready by early June for large conferences as we hoped, and so we will be moving NY Story Expo to August (most likely early to mid-August). Most importantly, we are committed to bringing Story Expo to NY come hell or high water. We love New York and New York writers, and we will be there for you. If you've already registered for New York and cannot attend in August, please send us a note and request a refund through our Contact Page, or if you'd like to register for NY please visit our Register page. Thank you, and we will see you in NY soon! Watch this page for the latest updates.